Learn how to take action and handle financial matters with clarity and confidence.
Schedule a complimentary consultation.
It is not uncommon for women to lack confidence or have difficulty making decisions involving money. And when life changing circumstances such as illness, divorce, or death force women into a financial role, it can feel overwhelming.
- Caregiving for a spouse or partner?
- Caregiving for aging parents?
- Single and want to feel more in control of your finances?
When you think about your finances, do you:
- Feel fearful about your finances?
- Become paralyzed or stuck and unable to take action?
- Prefer to avoid difficult conversations around finances
- Worry about being financially responsible
- Struggle with knowing what questions to ask?
If so, you are not alone…
- Less than one in three women say they are very or extremely confident when it comes to managing their finances, compared to nearly half of men.
- Women are 14% more likely than men to feel stressed about their financial situation and 13% less likely to be optimistic about their future financial situation.
Here is the good news…finances do not have to stress you out AND you do not have to do it alone! Managing your money is like everything else you haven’t done before.
- Having the language of finance translated into understandable terms
- Learning new skills
- Knowing what questions to ask
- The guidance of an expert coach
- Building your inner confidence
No one succeeds alone in business, sports, or in life. It takes a team of experts and coaches to build successful careers like Oprah and Ariana Huffington or win multiple World Cup Championships like the US Women’s Soccer team.
With coaching we:
- Remove the fear through education and support
- Create strategic action plans
- Learn powerful communication skills to help you manage difficult conversations
- Take consistent actions to create financial wellbeing
As you take actions and get results, you build more self-confidence and more resilience. Women who are left on their own need to be resilient. It is one of our most important strategies for learning to thrive after loss.
We become more resilient when we:
- Develop greater awareness about the choices we are making
- Feel more in control
- Have a strong sense of self-efficacy
- Focus on a positive mindset
While we cannot always change the circumstances of life, we do have the ability to challenge ourselves to change how we navigate through them.
– Dr. Frankl, “Man’s Search for Meaning”
Attend Julie’s upcoming free webinar
3 Tips for Coping with Financial Stress During COVID-19.
To help women take the fear out of finances, Julie offers a range of coaching services including:
- Private, one on one coaching sessions by phone or video conference
- Small, supportive online coaching groups
Julie offers two types of strategies to better support women. Whether you are single, married, or have been left on your own as a result of divorce or death of a spouse or partner, if thinking about finances creates stress for you, Julie is here to help.
What people are saying
She also provides great communication strategies to address the concerns, goals, and best financial practices for families without placing blame. She is a true blessing to those women who are struggling to feel more in control of their finances.
Attending Julie Burkey’s workshop, “Taking the Fear Out of Finances,” was the perfect solution for me. Julie creates a safe, non-judgmental environment for participants to better understand how to research and organize critical financial information and what questions to ask in order to be able to make informed decisions, and feel more empowered.
If you are a woman on your own struggling with understanding and taking control of your finances, you have been through enough.
If you are a woman who has been left out of financial matters at home, it is time for you to be able to have the necessary conversations to change this.
Give yourself the resources and support you need to take the fear out of finances and financial conversations today!
Schedule a 20-minute complimentary consultation.
When cancer stole the love of her life in 2017, Julie realized it was a pivotal moment for her. In spite of her success in business and being well informed about her family’s financial matters, Julie found herself overwhelmed after the death of her husband and best friend, Gary Burkey.
Her own experience helped her understand the heavy burden that is created for women left on their own, trying to grieve while needing to proactively take charge of their finances.
Julie has turned widowhood into a new mission to ensure women are able to create financial wellbeing and have the support they need to be successful in this journey.
She is committed to helping women left on their own to build the confidence and skills they need to take the lead in their financial wellbeing.
Empowering women during times of loss and helping them to face their fears is part of the legacy she is building and a tribute to the memory of Gary.
Julie brings her training as a certified professional coach, her 30 years of experience as a business owner in insurance, and her personal experience of being widowed after 40 years of marriage.
She coaches private clients and facilitates women’s financial well-being workshops for a variety of groups.